Establishment and Registration
- A registered voluntary organization registered under the Registration of Societies' Act 1970in February 1967 Reg.No.S.N 197
- Karnataka Welfare Association for the Blind is affiliated to the All India Confederation for the Blind, New Delhi which in turn is affiliated to the World Blind Union at the International level.
- Jurisdiction: The KWAB shall operate throughout the date of Karnataka and in the whole of India (Including the union territories and its benefits shall be open to all irrespective of castes, creed, colour or religion)
- Function: The KWAB shall be the mother body having the rights to establish sister body is or sister concern/s or auxiliary units or forums in order to fulfill the objectives of the Association in catering to the needs of the Blind in particular, the other categories of disabled people and the under-privileged people in general and to render specialized services.
Policy of the Association
The Karnataka Welfare Association for the Blind is a non-political, non-sectarian, non-profit and charitable association offering its services in social, Educational, rehabilitational and developmental spheres showing no discrimination of caste creed or religion to its beneficiaries in the state of Karnataka and other parts of India.
- To promote the Education, skills development, economic rehabilitation and socialization of the target group.
- To establish libraries, work training centers, Education Institutions, workshops for manufactures of special aids and research centers for the promotion of the target group.
- To set up Hostels, Transit homes and old age homes for the benefit of the target group.
- To implement the community based rehabilitation integrated rural development and such other programmes to promote their psycho-socio- economic development.
- To promote co-operatives directly or with any voluntary organization institution or with the State Govt/ Govt of India statutory corporation and boards like Khadi Gramodyoga Board etc., and or finance institutions like the Karnataka state Finance Corporation, Industrial Development Board of India/ Scheduled Banks/ Co-operative banks/societies/ local authorities like Corporation Zilla panchayats municipalities/ village panchayats etc., to enhance psycho-socio-economic conditions. (Of the target group)
In recognition of the outstanding services to the disabled the Karnataka Welfare Association for the Blind is awarded with "The Best Voluntary organization for the disabled for the year 2002 by the Government of Karnataka and its General Secretary was awarded the Thomas National Award for outstanding social services.
Terms and Conditions
The Karnataka Welfare Association for the Blind receives donations from individuals, groups, organization and establishments etc from within India and outside. The donations or growth shall be received either for any specific purpose or for general. All donations will be duely acknowledged with receipts for the amount received. The donation can be provided directly to the association Head office at Bangalore or to the unit officers mentioned in this web site in cash through DD or cheque or online transfer. The donation received for any specific purpose the Association shall utilize amount for that purpose and submit to the respective donors report on the utilization. No amount will be reimbursed once the receipt is issued unless so specified in writing by the Association.
- The Karnataka Welfare Association for the Blind reserves the right to modify or add to the information provided in the Web site: www.kwab.org
- The Karnataka Welfare Association for the Blind reserves the right to update information from time to time on its own or through authorized persons/ organization which will be communicated in writing to the same concerned.
- The details of donation or transactions from individuals, organization and establishment shall be kept confidential and if the same details required to be utilized for the promotion or development of Association through other units of the organization and other authorized concerns the same would be done with prior written permission of the individual/ organization/ establishment. No other individual / organization/ concern/ establishment will have the rights to modify or add to the information provided in the website referred above. Any individual/ organization/ concerns/ establishment intending to utilize the information / photographs/ drawings shall do so only through written permission from the Head office.
Refund and Cancellation
Any portion of the amount shall be refunded to the donor individual/ organization/concerns/ establishment only on prior terms and condition specified for the purpose which shall be duely signed by the authorized representative of Association and authorized persons donning individual/ organization/ concerns/ establishment. The donation once received through online transaction will not be refunded unless otherwise agreed to in writing prior to the transaction.
There is no product delivery it is only donation collection.
Acknowledgment along with 80G (IT Exemption) for the donors will be issued on receipt of payment.
All donations to the Association will be duely acknowledged through the issue of receipts for the amount donated in cash through cheque/ DD or on online transfer and the details of donor shall be recorded and shall be disclosed only when legally required to do so as in the case of income tax department.
80G and FCRA
The Association has received the Income Tax exemption certificate U/80G 5(vi) Registration No. PRO.718/10A/VOL.A.II/M-254 dated 11/11/1975.
FCRA: The Association is also entitled to receive donations and grants from foreign resources from abroad under the FCRA Ministry of Home affairs Government of India and the certificate is dated No.II/21022/69 (894)/85-FCRA. II. 1318/1985
KWAB Residential school for the visually impaired